The “Thank You for Showing Up” Recognition Series is the Women & Girls Fund’s effort to share stories of local people who go beyond saying “What can I do for you?” to offer simple acts of kindness to help someone in need. “Showing up” is about seeing a need and taking action. Such supportive gestures of caring and generosity of spirit are all around us in the Mid-Shore and make our communities stronger.
Thanks for sharing and caring During the past year, the Women & Girls Fund has been pleased to share remarkable stories of community members who’ve showed up to help others — from Covid-19 nurses to those delivering food to at-risk children, shut-ins, and shelter residents to caring for friends in need after surgery or major loss. Their actions represent the spirit of caring that can be found in every Mid-Shore community, and we thank them once again for showing up and making a difference!
As 2021 comes to a close, we particularly want to thank the following people and groups who show up for the Women & Girls Fund and make it possible for us to “use the power of pooled resources to improve the lives of women and girls in the Mid-Shore”:
- The Mid-Shore Community Foundation – Buck Duncan, Robbin Hill, Francesca Wiseman, and Dawn Mister – whose steady oversight supports the Fund’s mission and work.
- Our Grant Readers who review applications and aid the Board of Directors in selecting grant recipients.
- Our twelve 2021 Grant Recipients whose targeted programs make a significant impact in the lives of local women and girls.
- Our 10th Annual Golf Tournament Sponsors, Players, Volunteers, and Talbot Country Club staff who helped make our first in-person event in two years a record-breaking success.
- Our generous In-Kind Sponsors – Karena Dixon Photography, Eglseder Wealth Management, and Laser Letters.
- And, of course, our DONORS! Thanks to their support the past 20 years, the endowment has grown to over $1M and grant awards have surpassed $737,000!
Thank you all for showing up!
Did someone say TWENTY YEARS?
That’s right! 2022 marks the 20th anniversary of the Women & Girls Fund of the Mid-Shore! We look forward to continuing to recognize and celebrate the angels among us. Stay tuned for details about upcoming events.