Volunteer with The Women & Girls Fund
Together we can improve the lives and prospects for women and girls throughout the Mid-Shore region. There are many opportunities to help. Please let us know if one or more of them interests you!
- Fundraising – the Development Committee needs people with fundraising experience or those who would like to acquire it. We also need people with grant writing expertise.
- Grant Evaluation – donors to the Fund are needed to read and evaluate grant proposals.
- Site visits – volunteers are needed to evaluate prospective grant applicants, applicants, and for follow-up visits to grantees.
- Program Development – this would involve program planning and contacting speakers for programs. Program development would also include event and logistics management.
- Communications specialists – these are volunteers with knowledge of how TV, radio and magazines work, and who might have contacts in local or regional media. We are also looking for volunteers who would like to learn how to write press releases and people who can help us with graphic design. We also need someone with computer skills to help sending out eNewsletters through Constant Contact.
- Office Support – these all-important volunteers would help us with mailing, labeling, and stuffing envelopes on an as-needed basis.
- Events – Volunteers are always needed to help with the logistics of planning and executing special events.
To learn more about individual volunteer opportunities with the Women and Girls Fund, please call the office at 410-770-8347.
YOU can help solve pressing community problems.
When prompted, enter “Women & Girls Fund” as the fund of choice.
Join Our Mailing List
Thanks for your interest in the Women & Girls Fund of the Mid-Shore.